Today, we'll be focusing on another company from the Construction, Infrastructure & Allied Services which is the Holcim Philippines, Inc. (HLCM)
Member of the LafargeHolcim Group, the world leader in the building materials industry present in 80 countries.
HLCM has cement manufacturing facilities in La Union, Bulacan, Misamis Oriental and Davao.
1. Basic Information:
Holcim Philippines, Inc. (HLCM)
Sector: Construction, Infrastructure & Allied Services
2. The Company's History:
November 12, 1964: Holcim Philippines, Inc. (HLCM) was originally incorporated as Hi-Cement Corporation (HCC).
February 2000: the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) approved the merger of HCC, Davao Union Cement Corporation and Bacnotan Cement Corporation, with HCC as the surviving entity. Simultaneously, the SEC approved the change in corporate name to Union Cement Corporation.
November 12, 2002: The Company acquired Alsons Cement Corporation
2005: The Company change its corporate to the present one.
2014: The Company Launched Holcim Skim Coat, Holcim Tile Adhesive and Holcim Waterproofing
<Here's the Company's Stock Data for the past year 2017-2018>
<The Company's Stock Data since 2009 until 2018>
3. Present Stock (2018/10/04)
For the fiscal year ended: Dec. 31, 2017
Currency: Philippine Pesos (PHP)
4. Chairman of the Board
Chairman: Tomas I. Alcantara
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Economics from the Ateneo de Manila University
- MBA from Columbia University, USA
- Advance Management Program (AMP) of the Harvard Business School
Net Worth: US$190 Million
- CEO of Alcons Consolidated Resources Inc. since August 2011
- President of Alsons Development and Investment Corporation, Sarangani Agricultural Company Inc., Lima Land Inc., Lima Utilities Corporation, Aldevinco, Alto Power Management Corporation and Manila Economic & Cultural Office (MECO)
- Chairman of Alsons Consolidated Resources Inc., Lima Land Inc., Alsons Development and Investment Corporation, Sarangani Agricultural Inc., Aldevinco and Alto Power Management Corporation, Holcim Philippines, Inc.
- Independent Director of Manila Economic & Cultural Office (MECO), Alsons Cement Corporation, PhilWeb Corporation
- Director of Holcim Philippines, Inc.
August 31, 2018
Holcim pledges steady cement supply, innovations for Build, Build, Build
July 27, 2018
Holcim Philippines reports Q2 2018 performance
Profit down 25% in 6 months